Today is a very special holiday-themed post. I’m going to teach you how to make two of my favorite hot chocolates – a peanut butter hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and eggnog infused whip-cream topped cocoa complete with a toffee crumble. The best part about it is that you don’t need to make some fancy creation on the stovetop – all of this is done with hot cocoa mix you can buy from the grocery store. Let’s cook!
Fudgey Eggnog Toffee Hot Chocolate w/ Whipped Cream
- cocoa mix
- milk or water
- heavy whipping cream
- hot fudge
- candy cane (optional)
- Make your whipped cream. Take about 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream and put it in a large bowl. Add about a tablespoon of eggnog to the heavy whipping cream. Take out your beaters and whip until it has a thick consistency. No need to add sweeteners, it’s healthier without and the eggnog and chocolate will flavor it enough.
- Crush your toffee. Take a bit of toffee, pre-chipped or not, and use whatever you have (I use a crusher) to smash the toffee into little bits. This will go on top of your whipped cream, so make sure that it’s light.
- Heat up your milk or water in the microwave on high for about 1:20. You can also heat it up on the stovetop, but I find that the microwave is easier and tastes just as good.
- Add your cocoa mix – about 2 1/2 tablespoons seems to work as a general rule, but if you’re making a small or large portion, please apply.
- Mix it all together. I add a bit more eggnog to the hot chocolate just for good touch. 🙂
- Take your hot fudge and add a fairly large glop to the bottom of whatever container you will be drinking this out of. You can shake and wiggle the container a bit to get it evenly distributed across the bottom.
- Pour your hot chocolate in, right on top of the hot fudge.
- Add your desired amount of egg nog/whipped cream on the top. I prefer a pretty thick layer. Haha.
- On top of it all, I take my toffee crumble and sprinkle it over the whipped cream. Bon appetit!
- OPTIONAL: Add a candy cane for a touch of peppermint and good taste. Happy holidays!
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate w/ Marshmallows
- peanut butter
- cocoa mix
- Put your water in the microwave for 1:20 on high.
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon and a half of cocoa mix into the bottom of your mug.
- Slowly add your heated-up water into the mug in increments, vigorously stirring after each increment is added. Continue until it’s thoroughly mixed. It’s okay if you have some clumps on the bottom – it can only add to the flavor!
- Top with marshmallows (and maybe some leftover toffee crumble). Bon apetite!
Enjoy your hot chocolates, and happy holidays!