Hi everybody! Today I’m here with my turnout workout video. This is the corresponding workout to my Improving Turnout blog post. In that post I offered some exercises, but now I’m creating those, plus some new ones, into a follow-along workout format. Enjoy!
- Inner thigh hip flexor crunch
- Adductor pulses
- Clamshells with resistance band
- Lateral grand rond de jambe
- Passé elevations
- Tabletop series
- Lateral leg swings
- Crunch and extension
A few tips
- These are great exercises to do before class to warm up your hips and work on improving your rotation for the remainder of the class.
- You don’t need to be pre-warm to do these exercises, they are a warm up in themselves! Plus, we start off easy. So, this is great to do before dynamic or static stretching.
- Make sure to check out my technique tip on Improving Turnout to see how you can use all of this strength!
- It’s important that you stretch your hips in addition to strengthening them so you can improve your turnout. You can check out my follow-along Stretching Workout or my Flexibility Guide under the hips section for stretches you can do for improving your turnout.