Hi everybody! Today’s blog post is about penchée, which is considered one of the most beautiful but difficult steps in all of ballet. Let’s get started!
Summary of tips
I won’t be doing a too in-depth blog post for this because it’s tech week and I have absolutely no time, so here’s my tips:
- Stretch the hamstring of your supporting leg.
- Maintain the position of the back and leg as you go downwards – don’t release and break the line!
- Use the inner thigh of your working leg to help you get the turned out line and lengthened position.
- Feel a connection between your head and your working toes.
- Reach upwards with your working toes to help make room for a split.
- Stretch your splits.